Lamb reaches pitch count after 4th inning

July 26, 2010

Wilmington, DE – John Lamb might not have been at his best tonight, or missed many bats, during the opening game of the important series with the Potomac Nationals, but he managed to survive the abuse without much damage to his joint Minor League Baseball leading ERA. Lamb reached his pitch totals earlier than most of his earlier starts and was removed from the game after the fourth inning of Carolina League work.

Photo credit - Keith Lovett

The Wilmington Blue Rocks hitters were baffled throughout the game by a fantastic pitching performance from the Nationals starter, Daniel Rosenbaum, who spread out 5 hits over eight shut-out innings.

The Blue Rocks bull-pen was called to support the 2-0 deficit in the fifth, but failed to keep the game close by allowing another eight runs to cross before the nightmare was over.

Lamb finished the night with 70 pitches, 7 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned run, 5 strike-outs, and 0 walks. John also had a throwing error in the 1st inning on an attempted pick-off play at first-base. My conversation with John after the game confirmed his bad decision to even attempt the pick-off during that time of day at Frawley Stadium, because of the setting sun.

Professional baseball is a series of constant adjustments during a player’s career and development. John Lamb has plenty of adjustments ahead through this journey. Some great news will be announced very soon, so please keep your eyes and ears open about his second professional baseball season moves.

Sincere thanks to the Kansas City Royals organization for the continued challenges and opportunity they have provided my son during his young professional baseball career. John will be wearing his third hat and uniform of the 2010 season, based on his second phone call following tonight’s game. I’m sure the official announcement will occur tomorrow before the second game of the Potomac series that the “lefty” is moving up for more challenges in his career.

1. Chris permalink
    July 27, 2010 06:17

That is awesome that John is know in Northwest Arkansas!!! Congrats to the Lamb Family!!!

• July 27, 2010 08:38

Chris,

Thank you…John is very excited with another challenge along the way…I know we are all extremely proud of his progress and direction!

2. Chris permalink
    July 27, 2010 08:59

As you should be. I had a feeling it was coming very quickly after that GMDM interview on 810, but I didn’t know it would be that quickly. I have full faith that the Thin Air in North West Arkansas won’t affect this totals for the year!!! Does he get to keep the hats from team to team? Have you gotten your Naturals hat yet?

Congrats again!!! I can’t wait to see the lefty pounding the strike zone in KC very soon!!!

• July 27, 2010 11:20

Chris,

We were simply shocked with the call last night. I’m sure he gets to keep them based on the large number of hats in his room. Haven’t picked up a Naturals hat, yet…but now I will, thanks to the Royals push up the ladder. Thanks for following and your comments!

3. Ron Eppes permalink
    July 27, 2010 09:52

Congrats to you and John, the promotion is well deserved. I love this blog and the way you remain gracious during each post.

4. July 27, 2010 11:13

Ron,

Thanks for your support and comments on the site. The Royals opened the door for my son and we will always be very grateful for his opportunity, as I know John is too!