It’s official now…Lamb and Duffy are both moving West

July 28, 2010

Wilmington, DE – It is official now…John Lamb and Danny Duffy are both heading West to the Texas League affiliate, Northwest Arkansas Naturals. Just as noted about the Lamb move a couple of days ago, John is now in route to another Royals farm team.

Hope this official announcement on both the Carolina and Texas League transactions list puts an end to some of the bull that was spreading around about the AA jump for my son. Any doubt over integrity of this family will continue to be challenged with complete honesty during his professional baseball journey. We have no reason to spread rumors, lies of deceptions about the wonderful opportunities that the Kansas City Royals have continued to give John Lamb.

Say hello to John's other little friend!

This move marks his fifth since the “Opening Day” start in the Appalachian League with the Rookie affiliate, Burlington Royals, for the 2009 season.

Not sure when John will be placed in the Naturals rotation, but a text message from him earlier today, indicated it will be in the Springfield Cardinals series on the road in Missouri. Lamb will have some familiar faces in the crowd when he arrives in Springfield, MO. Tony Piazza, a previous coach from the Southern California area, whom now lives in the immediate area of the St. Louis Cardinals, Texas League affiliate, is planning to check on his hearing from the stands. Also, with some luck members of Colleen’s family might make the trip down from the St. Louis area to say “hi” and be supportive of his recent move.

TopOfBlogs

1. rtb permalink
    July 29, 2010 01:06

Was there really bull spreading around? That’s crazy. I saw the news from Greg Schaum long before you posted it, and Greg knows as much as anybody. If anybody has a beef it should start there, not with you. (No offense, Greg; I know you’re reading.)

And it was known well before the official announcement when John moved from Burlington to Wilmington that that particular deal was done, even though no statement had been made.

Don’t let the detractors get you down. There are those of us out here who are on your side, and John’s too. And please don’t pull the plug. We enjoy your insights.

The press release came out Wednesday and it appears John will make his debut on Saturday, so I guess you can officially talk about it. I, personally, can’t wait! Best of everything to both him and Danny, another personal favorite of mine.

2. Ron Eppes permalink
    July 29, 2010 08:30

I’m with rtb, this was old news before the ‘official announcement’. John is doing great work and love what Greg Schaum said about the rotation for the Naturals, it may be the best rotation in the minors, not just the Royals, system, but the entire minor leagues. This could be a significant part of the big league rotation in 2 years.

James, keep up the good work. Ignore the detractors, they are not worth getting upset about or spending calories addressing.

• July 29, 2010 09:41

Ron,

Thanks for the visit and assurance that my son has earned a few followers during the early stages of his career. We share the optimism in the Royals family and look forward to the youngster’s debut this weekend. All Royals fans should be smiling over the direction the organization is currently taking…I know we are!

FYI…I lose more sleep the night before his starts, than any detractor can possibly drum up!

3. July 29, 2010 08:52

RTB,

Thanks for the vist and pick me up…it is great to hear that the excitement of the Monday night’s news from John did not hinder my memory of accounts!

I’m more than happy to continue to share these professional baseball experiences from our family. Whether high, low, or just so, so…I will continue to update along the way during my son’s career.

I wish nothing but the best for “all the young men” that still have the physical ability to play baseball. The Royals system is loaded with talent and I continue to be extremely excited with my son’s role in the future of the organization.

4. July 29, 2010 09:14

I never thought I would EVER say this, but “GO BEAT THOSE CARDINALS JOHN!!!!!!”

“Birds” forgive me, but John has to come first on this speical day of his AA debut.

It’s not my fault you messed up, missed out and didn’t grab him before the 5th round. You know who you are…right Jeff?

I’ll always love those CARDS, but I have to say, the “Southpaw looks GREAT in ROYALS BLUE!”

Love you and very PROUD!!!!!!!!

• July 29, 2010 09:46

CK,

Humm…I wonder who this is?

“Birds” lover…knows the name of a Cardinals area scout…and uses CAP LOCKS.

I just want to know if you will have the same position in a World Series game?

Look forward to your response “CK.”

• July 29, 2010 11:55

Well this question has been posed to me in many different ways. While it will be a very difficult decision, I feel compelled to go ROYAL instead of RED!

After all, a lot of tacos have gone into the making of that baseball career. I BELIEVE in him. I know what he’s made of. I know how much he wants this. I couldn’t be happier for the two of you and the dream you have shared and now live.

You’ll always have my support.

CK

• July 29, 2010 13:13

CK,

Seriously, you know what my ultimate World Series would be…Royals and the Marlins.

I would really experience some sleepless nights prior to those starts by our Southpaw!

Thanks for the visit and comments from the heart and we have always appreciated your tremendous support!

5. Chris permalink
    July 29, 2010 09:25

James, To be honest I would love to see the AA rotation take on the current royals roster. NWA wins the 5 game series 4-1 / 3-2. That AA rotation is stacked!!! Exciting times ahead :O)!!!

• July 29, 2010 09:53

Chris,

That would be a nice series…sorry I won’t speculate on the results…but, I’m sure you can figure out who I would be pulling for!

Very exciting times right now, and in the future, for anyone that follows the Royals and really wants to see them play in October!

Zack Hample has snagged 10,163 baseballs at 53 different major league stadiums since 1990. Find out how and see what else he's been up to.