Lamb set for first Texas League playoff start

September 10, 2010

Springdale, AR – John Lamb is set for his first Texas League playoff appearance on Saturday’s game three of the Northern Division play-off series with the Springfield Cardinals in Springfield, MO. The days between starts for my son can include many things and this recent lapse between starts has had some challenges, to say the least.

Life continues to chip away with experiences that simply make you stronger. Anytime a disruption occurs in your daily routine you can possibly loss track and focus on the goals ahead…I am confident that is not the case for John Lamb. Sure there has been a couple of distractions that hit the daily routines of my son recently, but he has taken them in stride as many other young adults have dealt with as well. Relationships will always play important roles in our daily lives even if you play professional baseball. Nothing that honesty, some tolerance, support and a little time won’t take care of during this recent hurdle. Lamb continues to show up and work hard for his next appearance in a Northwest Arkansas Naturals uniform against the Springfield Cardinals, Double-A level team of the St. Louis Cardinals.

In the midst of some chaos, Lamb managed to fulfill an interview request with Jonathan Mayo and clarify his overall outlook on this season. The article clearly made me smile with tremendous pride over my son’s first full season schedule in professional baseball. Click on the picture below for the entire article.

Photo credit - John Owen

Photo credit – John Owen

I really have no intention of airing out dirty laundry in this format, so please bear with my discretion. Without mentioning any names of some other social networking sites, there is enough bull being spread elsewhere that prevents me from addressing anything other than baseball. Life and baseball coincide with many families throughout the world and they all have challenges associated with the grind of the game. Sometimes a Facebook account can seriously challenge even the best relationships. I believe that John Lamb has officially said good-bye to that social network site, for now.

Lamb was recently honored with another accolade from his first full season schedule with three different teams in the Kansas City Royals farm system. Baseball America published their 2010 Minor League All-Star team selections. John managed to receive 1 of the 15 spots available on the this list, presented by Bowman Baseball, including four other fellow Royals farm hands. Click on the John Lamb trading card for the full list of this year’s All-Star players.

Tonight’s game for the Naturals (0-1) against the Cardinals (1-0) will display Everett Teaford (-, -.–) and David Kopp (-, -.–) at 6:00 CT on ESPN, 92.1 The Ticket. Teaford was recently awarded the Royals Northwest Arkansas Naturals “Pitcher of the Year” honor for his fantastic season. We are also anxious to met the Teaford family and some of the other organization’s family members of the Royals players to be honored at this year’s Future’s Night event in Kansas City, MO on October 1, before a game against the Tampa Bay Rays.

This has been a very special year for the Kansas City Royals fan looking ahead at the future of the organization. Development of Major League Baseball players can be challenged at many levels, but the Royals staff and fan should be very happy with the current progress of the organization‘s talent. I know the Lamb family is honored to be associated with this experience during my son’s professional baseball career.

1. September 10, 2010 20:23

Great job tonight Naturals with the 5-2 win to even up series…go get em in Springfield boys!

2. glp permalink
    September 10, 2010 23:52

Congratulations to John on making Baseball America’s All Star team! Just a great, great year; I’m already looking forward to 2011.

3. September 11, 2010 11:47

glp,

Thanks… another one of those “wow” moments, we have experienced during this first full season effort, that really make us very proud.

4. CC Sabathia permalink
    September 11, 2010 13:38

Did John have a bad breakup with a girlfriend or something? I’m confused.

Go NATURALS!

Your writing is confusing! But I love you dearly. Go John!

5. September 11, 2010 15:20

CC,

Thanks for the visit, comments and question. No break up… however some young women were involved with the distractions.

Professional baseball has plenty of distractions. The young men that properly balance those issues have a much better chance to survive the grind of the game.

Sorry for any confusion, but I can’t discuss all the details and respect other’s in that process…so I will simply avoid details.

6. Mike permalink
    September 12, 2010 05:37

James,

I find your writing very frustrating as well. A lot of times you speak in code and reference things you cannot further explain. If you can’t use this forum as an outlet, why frustrate people who are fans of your son. It is a poor manner of writing.

At times it seems like you have to throw in these mysterious off the field issues in to make excuses for John’s performance. Just my opinion but some of the things you allude to, especially since you cannot expound on them, make you and your son look like whiners. Its better left unsaid. Because I don’t think it is gaining him fans.

Mike

• September 13, 2010 05:26

Mike,

Thanks for the visit and comments. No excuses here…just “some” of the experiences associated with the journey of my son playing professional baseball. This site was not set up to establish a fan base, but rather connect with anyone that shares an interest in his career.

7. Jon permalink
    September 12, 2010 11:15

Mike, Mr Lamb doesn’t have to share ANYTHING with us and you don’t have to read if you don’t like it. So my best advise would be to mind your own business, and let Mr. Lamb use his own discretion as to what he wants to write.

• September 13, 2010 05:30

Jon,

I appreciate your added support for the site and the understanding for the occasional need of discretion.

8. Mike permalink
    September 12, 2010 17:10

Jon,

Here is my point. I live in KC, I’m a big fan of the Royals I like reading different stuff about future players and thought this blog would give some nice insight into a good future Royal. Instead, all it has made me do is make me think I may not care for this kid too much due to what his father has written and he has yet to put on a KC uniform.

I like the idea but I think the approach is wrong and maybe doing more harm than good.

• September 13, 2010 06:04

Mike,

I would like to think that my son’s baseball career will be determined by the Royals staff and not a simple site based on some of the experiences inside professional baseball. I have already had my share of discussions with Kansas City Royals staff regarding this site and I will continue to update along the path.

I am curious how anyone can create a list of player(s)/prospect(s) based solely over feelings about their Dad(s)?

The fans of the Kansas City Royals should be very excited looking ahead within their farm system. I know the Lamb family is happy to have the opportunity to be connected with the Royals organization.

• Mike permalink
        September 13, 2010 15:28

James,

After this response, I’ll quit commenting. Because of your site, those who regularly read it now see your son through another set of eyes, yours. Like I said I’m a fan of your sons and think he has a great future ahead of him. It just seems as if in some of your posts, especially after he moved to AA and had bad games. There were a lot of excuses.

Also as a reader I just don’t see what the point has been with the innuendos of other issues. Its frustrating to have these different off the field things alluded to but never elaborated upon.

I realize this is your blog not Johns, however, if there is complaining after losses which there was, even though it was by you, it would seem to be that it reflects his feelings as well and therefore makes him look bad.

I think after finishing this I’ve come to the conclusion as I’m sure others already had for me that this is probably one blog that I should not read since it bugs me.

Go Nats! Go John Lamb!

• September 17, 2010 05:45

Mike,

I understand some of your points but still disagree with the impacts of my words in this forum. Sorry to see you leave…

9. TPiazza permalink
    September 12, 2010 19:54

James,
    Great write ups James, I enjoy reading what you have to say. Most know how life can throw us a curveball from time to time and in my opinion, you are going out of your way, on your own time, to provide us/the readers with an opinion of your own. Provide a bit more information at your own will, being the father of John, who draws the attention to your site and giving the readers a “peak” at some information you simply cannot read about in the line scores, or next mornings daily sports section.

p.s. for whatever reason, my phone was acting up yesturday and I couldnt get any pics of John…

10. September 13, 2010 06:09

Tony,

Thanks for the support and hope to talk again soon. No need to worry about the lack of pictures from MO…pretty sure he will toe the slab again 🙂

11. September 19, 2010 19:22

This has definitely sparked up an idea in my mind. This can be a amazing website article.

12. September 20, 2010 06:14

This amazing is 1 of the most suitable article that My partner and i have read till date on this particular theme. Totally complete yet to the point without the need for any specific nonsense.

13. September 21, 2010 02:37

You precisely saved me atleast 1 hour of time. I am making a project in this particular topic and your contribute has helped me through one of the topics of my project. I will browse to the other pages now.

14. September 22, 2010 04:26

Hi, can I quote some of the content found in this entry if I provide a link back to your site?

15. September 23, 2010 19:23

I’m grateful for you because of this excellent content material. You genuinely did make my day :

16. November 30, 2010 03:40

Wonderful article post on the blog bro. This particular is just a tremendously nicely structured blog post, just the data I was looking just for. Thank you

• December 1, 2010 09:13

Thanks for the visit and comments…hope you visit again soon!

Zack Hample has snagged 10,163 baseballs at 53 different major league stadiums since 1990. Find out how and see what else he's been up to.